welcome!

Welcome to my blog! My name is Isabel, and I'm currently a student at Tufts University's Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, attaining a Masters of Science in Nutrition Communications. I'm also an avid health-nut who is allergic to absolutely everything- wheat, soy, corn, dairy, and eggs, and who loves to work out! I am currently in school learning how to better communicate to the public why and how they can become healthier and happier. So hopefully you can learn something too! Anything that you want to see on my blog or any questions you have please leave me questions and I will do my best to answer! I'm just getting going, but I soon hope to post recipes, fun fitness tips, and other exciting nutrition and fitness tips! enjoy!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Quick Irish Coffee for St Patty's Day

Happy St. Patricks Day! 
Looking for a way to feel Irish today but don't have time to cook like the Irish do?
Try Irish coffee instead!

Here's a quick recipe for Irish Coffee.

This easy recipe is adapted from Cooking Light Magazine, and can make anyone feel Irish today.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup Irish whiskey
1/4 cup sugar
4 cups strong coffee

Instructions:
1. Place 1/4 cup whipping cream in a medium bowl and beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peeks form (you can substitute the full-fat whipping cream for cool-whip).
2. Pour about 4 teaspoons of whiskey into each glass.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar to each serving.
4. Add 2/3 cup of coffee to each mug, stir it until the sugar dissolves.
5. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp of whipped cream to each mug.
6. Enjoy!


What's the calorie content of the full recipe?
111 calories, 3.7 g fat- 2.3 g sat fat, 7 mg sodium, 14 mg of cholesterol, 10 mg calcium
This treat is under 150 calories, is low in sodium and cholesterol, provides a touch of calcium, and is not terribly high in fat.

- Healthy Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment